Easy Tongue Twisters
1. Big black bear : A big black bug bit the big black bear, but the big black bear bit the big black bug back!
2. clam cream can: How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?
3. Four furious friends: Four furious friends fought for the phone.
4. Green glass globes: Green glass globes glow greenly.
5. Ice cream : I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
6. Sandwich sane witch: There's a sandwich on the sand which was sent by a sane witch.
7. Spell New York: Knife and a fork, bottle and a cork, that is the way you spell New York.
8. I saw Susie: I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop.
Medium Tongue Twisters- Try these slightly more difficult tongue twisters
1. Can you can a can: Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?
2. Copyright: When you write copy you have the right to copyright the copy you write.
3. Fuzzy wuzzy: Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?
4. Good cook : How many cookies could a good cook cook If a good cook could cook cookies? A good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.
5. How many cans ?: How many cans can a cannibal nibble, if a cannibal can nibble cans? As many cans as a cannibal can nibble if a cannibal can nibble cans.
6. I have got a date: I have got a date at a quarter to eight; I’ll see you at the gate,so don’t be late.
7. I thought of thinking: I thought, I thought of thinking of thanking you.
8. one one : One-one was a race horse. Two-two was one too. One-one won one race.
Two-two won one too.
9. Peter piper: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
10. Seven slick snails: Seven slick slimy snails, slowly sliding southward.
11. Spell chicago: Chicken in the car and the car can go, that is the way you spell Chicago.
12. Thirty three thieves: The thirty-three thieves thought that they thrilled the throne throughout Thursday.
13. Two witches, two watches: If two witches would watch two watches, which witch would watch which watch?
14. Understand: If you understand, say ""understand"". If you don't understand, say ""don't understand"". But if you understand and say ""don't understand"". how do I understand that you understand?
15. Whether the weather: Whether the weather be fine, or whether the weather be not.
Whether the weather be cold, or whether the weather be hot. We'll weather the weather whether we like it or not.
Difficult English Tongue Twisters
1. Betty butter: Betty bought some butter, but the butter Betty bought was bitter,
so Betty bought some better butter, and the better butter Betty bought was better than the bitter butter Betty bought before!
2. Biscuit mixer: I bought a bit of baking powder and baked a batch of biscuits. I brought a big basket of biscuits back to the bakery and baked a basket of big biscuits. Then I took the big basket of biscuits and the basket of big biscuits and mixed the big biscuits with the basket of biscuits that was next to the big basket and put a bunch of biscuits from the basket into a biscuit mixer and brought the basket of biscuits and the box of mixed biscuits and the biscuit mixer to the bakery and opened a tin of sardines.
3. Doctor doctoring: When a doctor doctors a doctor, does the doctor doing the doctoring doctor as the doctor being doctored wants to be doctored or does the doctor doing the doctoring doctor as he wants to doctor?
4. Mary Mac: Mary Mac's mother's making Mary Mac marry me. My mother's making me marry Mary Mac. Will I always be so Merry when Mary's taking care of me? Will I always be so merry when I marry Mary Mac?
5. Nature watcher: Out in the pasture the nature watcher watches the catcher. While the catcher watches the pitcher who pitches the balls. Whether the temperature's up or whether the temperature's down, the nature watcher, the catcher and the pitcher are always around. The pitcher pitches, the catcher catches and the watcher watches. So whether the temperature's rises or whether the temperature falls the nature watcher just watches the catcher who's watching the pitcher who's watching the balls.
by Sharon Johnson
6. Wish to wish: I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, but if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won't wish the wish you wish to wish.